1. (2015·常州模拟)—Can you help me?
—Yes. ________ your teacher’s advice, in my opinion, and everything will be OK.
C. To follow
【解析】选A。考查“祈使句+and+陈述句”结构, 因此正确答案为A。本题中的祈使句后加了in my opinion这一插入语, 加大了试题难度。
________ you follow your teacher’s advice, in my opinion, everything will be OK.
【解析】选B。句意: 如果接受老师建议的话, 在我看来, 一切都好。此处为条件状语从句, 故用连词if合适。
2. —I think the firm may not offer you a good pay.
— ________ , I won’t take the job.
A. That is to say
B. What’s more
C. In that case
D. In other words
【解析】选C。句意: ——我认为公司不可能提供给你丰厚的报酬。——在那种情况下, 我不会接受工作。that is to say也就是说; what’s more而且, 更为甚者; in that case在那种情况下; in other words换句话说。
3. (2015·淮安模拟)In their efforts to persuade us to buy that product, shopkeepers have made a close study of human nature and have ________ all our weaknesses.
【解析】选C。句意: 在说服我们买那种产品所尽的努力中, 店员深入研究了人性而且将我们的弱点进行了分类。classify“将……分类”, 符合句意。divide“划分”; arrange“安排”; separate“分开”。
4. We are at your service. Don’t hesitate to ________ us if you have any further problems.
A. appeal to
B. turn to
C. come to
D. apply to
【解析】选B。考查动词短语。句意: 我们随时为您效劳。如果还有问题, 可随时找我们。turn to s
B. 意思是: 向某人求助。
(2015·武汉模拟)When you have difficulty in learning new words, you can ________ the dictionary.
A. turn up
B. turn in
C. turn to
D. turn over
【解析】选C。考查动词短语。句意: 当你学习新单词有困难时, 你可以求助于词典。A项意为“把声音调大, 出现”, B项意为“上交”, D项意为“翻转”。
5. (2015·安徽师大附中模拟)—Shall I check the lab before I go home?
— ________ . I’ll check it myself later.
A. Go ahead
B. No problem
C. No hurry
D. Don’t bother【解析】选D。句意: ——我回家前要不要我检查一下实验室? ——不烦劳你了, 晚些时候我会亲自检查的。go ahead“干吧, 做吧”; no problem“没问题”; no hurry“不着急”; don’t bother“不烦劳你了”。
6. As we all know, he has ________ having been frightened and accepted others’ help.
【解析】选A。句意: 据我们所知, 他承认受惊并且接受了他人的帮助。acknowledge指“公开承认(隐瞒或否认做过的事)”符合题意。confess自愿服罪或认错; recognize正式承认(主权、权利); admit在外界或自己良心的压力下承认。
7. (2015·徐州模拟)Of course, access ________ up-to-date, accurate information is an important thing for anyone ________ is doing research.
A. to; whose
B. of; that
C. to; who
D. of; who
【解析】选C。access to sth. “使用某物或接近某物的机会或权利”; 先行词为anyone而定语从句中又缺少主语, 故用who。
8. (2015·南京模拟)—Hey, if you can’t enjoy that at a sensible volume, please use the earphone. I’m studying.
—Oh, I’m sorry. I ________ realize it ________ you.
A. don’t; bothers
B. didn’t; bothered
C. don’t; was bothering
D. didn’t; was bothering
【解析】选D。答句句意: 我没意识到(指前者提醒之前没意识到, 现在已意识到了)这么大的音量一直打扰着您。故第一个空用一般过去时, 第二个空用过去进行时。
9. —How soon will the candidates get their university admissions?
—It may take three weeks for all the applications to be ________ .
【解析】选D。考查动词。句意: ——申请者要多久才能拿到他们的大学录取通知书? ——所有的申请处理起来要三个星期。withdraw撤回, 取消; deliver投递, 传送; 发表; edit编辑; process处理, 加工。根据句意选D。
10. (2015·宿迁模拟)He commanded that all the gates ________ immediately in case the murderer escaped.
A. should shut
B. would be shut
D. be shut
【解析】选D。句意: 他命令立刻关上所有的门以免杀人犯逃走。command后接宾语从句时, 从句使用虚拟语气, 即“should+动词原形”, should可以省略。宾语从句的主语gates与shut之间为逻辑上的动宾关系, 因此使用被动语态。
11. According to school bus safety rules, when a school bus stops on the road to ________ or pick up students, other vehicles behind it must stop to wait.
A. drop off
B. take off
C. pay off
D. turn off
【解析】选A。句意: 根据校车安全条例, 当校车在公路上停车上下学生时, 其后的车辆必须停车等待。drop off“中途下客”对应pick up。take off“脱下, 脱掉”; pay off“付清, 还清, 付清工资解雇(某人)”; turn off“关掉”。
12. (2015·海门模拟)—Excuse me, I’d like to make an early ________ to have my hair cut tomorrow.
—Will 8 o’clock do?
【解析】选A。句意: ——劳驾, 我想早点预约明天理发。——8点行吗? make an appointment“预约, 约定”, 符合句意。arrangement“排列, 安排”; employment“雇用, 使用”; engagement“约会, 订婚”。
13. (2015·盐城模拟)We are looking into the problem. You can offer any information ________ to it.
【解析】选B。句意: 我们正在调查这个问题。你可以提供与此相关的任何信息。relevant“相关的”, 符合句意。similar“相似的”; unique“独特的”; equal“相等的”。
14. (2015·太湖模拟)He refused to acknowledge ________ in the match, but in vain.
A. to defeat
B. to be defeated
D. being defeated
【解析】选D。句意: 他拒绝承认在比赛中被击败, 但这一切都是徒劳的。acknowledge后接动名词作宾语, 主语he与defeat之间为逻辑上的动宾关系, 故选D。
15. Any packet ________ properly will not be accepted by the post office.
A. not to address
B. not being addressed
C. not addressed
D. not having addressed
【解析】选C。写地址与包裹之间是被动关系, 应用过去分词表被动。表示否定意思时, 将否定词放于非谓语动词之前, 故选C
Christmas, Easter and Birthday parties can be difficult times for grandmothers and parents as they rush around trying to arrange the perfect celebration or making everyone as happy as possible! What’s better than a birthday party that makes your grandchild smile throughout or a celebration that impresses relatives and close friends?
That is why Granny Look has supplied in this section, one of the most comprehensive guides to making these special occasions that happen perhaps once a year a real success.
From a selection of Advent Calendars to party planning or Christmas-stocking fillers we have all the possibilities covered so that your children and grandchildren will really have a memorable time with attractive gifts and original ideas.
Bring that festive spirit to all those traditional days, and ensure you are always ready for any possibility. Granny Look’s extensive links are bound to make every special occasion an entirely different experience from the year before and allow everyone to feel entertained and content.
LOOK no further! ! Granny Look helps the family to prepare in time for FATHER CHRISTMAS. Give SANTA CLAUS some ideas. He can fill all the children’s Christmas-stockings with goodies! Unique Christmas gifts for children-stocking fillers.
A Granny Look favorite!
All children love the build-up to CHRISTMAS! What is better than choosing one of Granny Look’s selection of Advent Calendars! Here you will find a list of websites to buy traditional or fun Advent Calendars for children at Christmas time.
A Granny Look favorite!
LOOKING for a SPECIAL BIRTHDAY GIFT. Explore Granny Look’s selection of PRESENTS, PARTY PLANNING, PARTY TOYS and PARTY GAMES for your Children and Grandchildren’s BIRTHDAYS.
Plan and organize the KIDDIE’S PARTIES ahead of time! ! Don’t forget the PERSONALISED INVITATIONS!
LOOK and BOOK now! ! Granny Look’s selection of CHRISTMAS GIFTS for children.
Some guides to “What’s on in your area”. . . for the kids. PANTOS, SHOWS, THEATRES . . . at Christmas time!
UNIQUE Christmas gifts for Children. Spend QUALITY TIME with your Children’s Children this FESTIVE SEASON!
【文章大意】本文主要介绍了一个网站: Granny Look。该网站的主要功能是帮助祖父母或者父母为一些诸如圣诞节、复活节、生日聚会等特别的场合做准备。
1. From the text, we know that “Granny Look” is ________ .
A. a person who guides you to make your yearly celebration a real success
B. a magazine that helps the family to prepare for special occasions
C. a company that sells all sorts of products on the Internet
D. a website that helps you to prepare for special occasions
【解析】选D。细节理解题。结合第二段和ADVENT CALENDARS部分中的内容可知, Granny Look是帮助人们为特别的场合做准备的网站。故答案选D。
2. The purpose of the text is ________ .
A. to make children have a memorable holiday
B. to show you how to shop on the Internet
C. to give you some information about Granny Look
D. to introduce some goods
3. If you want to send some invitations to your daughter’s classmates, where will you search for the information?
A. At Birthdays.
B. At Advent Calendars.
C. At Christmas-stocking fillers.
D. At Christmas.
【解析】选A。细节理解题。根据文中BIRTHDAYS部分的最后一句话“Don’t forget the PERSONALISED INVITATIONS! ”可知, 要想给女儿的同学发请柬的话, 可以在BIRTHDAYS部分寻找信息。故答案选A。
4. You will fail to find any information at Christmas when you need ________ .
A. Christmas cards
B. fun Advent Calendars
C. Christmas gifts
D. tickets for theatres
【解析】选B。细节理解题。根据文章CHRISTMAS部分的内容可知, 文中没有提及“fun Advent Calendars”。故答案选B。
5. If your son wants a traditional Advent Calendar, you should search ________ .
B. Advent Calendars
C. Christmas-stocking fillers
D. Christmas【解析】选B。细节理解题。根据ADVENT CALENDARS部分中的“Here you will find a list of websites to buy traditional or fun Advent Calendars for children at Christmas time. ”可知, 如果你儿子想要一个传统的基督降临日历, 你应该去搜索Advent Calendars。故答案选B。
When I opened my e-mail the other day, a pretty woman named Rachel appeared on my computer screen. She greeted me by name and started talking enthusiastically. Every now and then she stopped to smile at me or blow a kiss. She was reading to me an e-mail from my brother, and a lot of it was about his getting the phone company to give him a high-speed Internet connection. It was pretty cool.
Rachel was there thanks to a new technology called Facemail. Facemail lets you send an e-mail that gets read to the receiver by an attractive male or female form or by a clown. The software, which is free, can be downloaded at www. Facemail. com.
Facemail faces are lifelike, and they copy emotions based on the ones that you put in your text. For example, type in X, and Rachel blows a kiss.
Life FX, the company that develops the Facemail is sure there are broad business uses. The reason e-business is not popular, the company says, is that buying over the Internet lacks the human touch. But what if you went to the Nike website and Michael Jordan greeted you by name, waited on you and personally closed the sale? And the company is talking with Whirlpool about using the technology in a computer screen on a fridge. Then if Mom can’t be home when the kids get back from school, she can leave a note with voice and image telling them what there is to eat.
Facemail could get hot fast. Personally, I’m a fan. But Facemail should be used with words in an e-mail and add angry emotions when you’ve got a psycho-mail.
Title: A New Technology on Facemail
My findings ·The other day, when I opened my e-mail, I was greeted by a pretty woman on my computer with great(1) ________ .
·She kept reading to me an e-mail from my brother about a high-speed Internet connection.
·She stopped to smile at me(2) ________ . (3) ________ to Facemail ·With the help of a male or female or a clown, Facemail can get your e-mail(4) ________ to the receiver.
·Facemail’s(5) ________ faces can stimulate emotions you put in your text. (6) ________ Life FX with e-business ·Life FX is sure to have broad business uses.
·You can be greeted and waited on by Michael Jordan politely.
·Buying through e-business is not popular for lack(7) ________ the human touch.
·The(8) ________ of the Facemail can be used on a fridge. My personal
(9) ________ ·Facemail is fantastic and fun, but it has some disadvantages.
·Firstly, it should be used with words in an e-mail.
·Secondly, it might make you(10) ________ when getting a psycho-mail. Conclusion Facemail could get hot fast. 答案: 1. enthusiasm 2. occasionally/sometimes
3. Introduction(s) 4. read 5. lifelike 6. Comparing 7. of 8. technology 9. opinions/views 10. angry
1. , one of the most comprehensive guides to making these special occasions.
2. We have all the possibilities coveredwith attractive gifts and original ideas.
我们涵盖所有的可能以便于你的孩子和孙子会真正地有难忘的时刻, 他们会有精美的礼物, 这其中也包含了他们自己的想法。
3. that festive spirit to all those traditional days, you are always ready for any possibility.
把节日精神带到所有的传统日子, 你务必要对任何可能做好准备。1. That is why Granny Look has supplied in this section
2. so that your children and grandchildren will really have a memorable time
3. Bring and ensure