Knowledge aim: Students will know the way of pronouncing d, p, t and know the safe way to cross the road.
Ability aim: Through different activities, students will read the chant fluently and vividly, their speaking ability can be improved.
Emotional aim: After this lesson, students will form good habit to cross road and have safety consciousness.
Teaching Key Points:
Students will learn how to cross the road safely and read the chant correctly.
Teaching Difficult Points:
To help students feel the plosive and they can read the chant vividly.
Step 1 Warming-up
1. Do a chant together.
Red is color for the tomato
Yellow is color for the banana
2. Ask students to find different colors in their life.
(Flower, table, skirt, shopping mall, traffic light …)
Step 2 Presentation
1. Listen to the tape and students need to answer “What is it about?”
Teacher should give them more knowledge about how to keep ourselves safe in our life.
2. Invite three students to read this chant and make a comparison to find the difference between their readings.
3. Make a summary about how to read “d, p, t” in a sentence. And the teacher should read at least two times for students to make sure that students can understand it.
Step 3 Practice
Listen to the tape again and students read the chant in teams in 3 minutes, and then they will make a competition, the winner will get small gifts (post card, book marks and so on) from the teacher.
Step 4 Production
1. Give students 2 minutes; they need to collect some words which contain d, p or t with their desk mates (dog, food, feet…).
2. Brainstorm (2 minutes).
Which kinds of habits can help us avoid being injured in our life?
Teacher should give them a guidance and summary about the way to protect themselves in their life.
Step 5 Summary and homework
Read the chant together, and ask them to make a small dance for it, we will perform it next class, students also need to sing this chant to their parents.