1. A) He would feel insulted.
2. B) They are of little value.
3. A) He seldom writes a book straight through.
4. D) Unlike a football match, there is no end to writing a book.
5. C) High college dropout rates among black athletes.
6. D) They make money for the college but often fail to earn a degree.
7. C) Slightly over 50%.
8. A) Coaches lack the incentive to graduate them.
9. B) Holiday shopping.
10. D) About 183.8 million.
11. C) They are thriving once more.
12. B) Higher employment and wages.
13. D) They are antibiotic-resistant bacteria.
14. D) Routine operations have become complex.
15. C) Money.
16. B) It improves students' ability to think.
17. A) They encourage academic democracy.
18. A) His thirst for knowledge.
19. D) People tend to underestimate their mental powers.
20. B) They include more or less the same number of states.
21. C) Reviewing your lessons where the exam is to take place.
22. A) Discover when you can learn best.
23. C) He is a sociologist.
24. D) In developing countries.
25. B) Their income is less than 50% of the national average family income.