1. compatible a. 相容的; 兼容的>That husband and wife are very ~.
2. compensate v. 赔偿 >The insurance company ~d theman for his injuries.
3. compile v. 汇编, 编辑 ~ a encyclopedia
4. complement v. 补充，与。。。相配 The music ~s the filmwell.
5. compliment v. /n. 赞美
6. comply with v. 遵从
7. compulsory a. 必做的 ~ education
8. conceive of v. 构想 I can’t ~ of why he did such a stupidthing!
9. confidential a. 机密的
10. confrom to v. 遵守 ~ to the local customs
11. consensus n. 意见一致> If everyone consents tosomething, they reach a consensus.
12. consequent a. (作为后果) 随之发生的 lack of electricity and the ~ loss in economy
13. conserve v. 保护,Ifyou conserve something, youuse it carefully and will not wasteit.>In winter some people ~ energy bylowering the heat at night.
14. consolidate v. 巩固
15. conspicuous a. 显眼的 The girl in red in the snowfield is very ~.
16. contaminate v. 污染 If you ~ something, you make itdirty.
17. contemplate v. 沉思; 凝视 >You must ~ the results of the action.
18. contempt n. 轻视 >Before the competition,Williams held the little known player in contempt.
19. contend v. 主张=assert > The lawyer contendsthat the man is guilty.
20. contradict v. 相矛盾