1. The problem has ____ simply because you didn't follow my instruction.
A. raised B. risen C. arisen D. aroused
2. I hope there is____ for the doctor in your car.
A. seat B. room C. place D. corner
3. As I am sure Jenny is very honest，I ____ she stole the money.
A. guess B. believe C. suspect D. doubt
4. He spoke so quickly that I didn't ____ that what he said.
A. receive B. accept C. listen D. catch
5. You ____ read that article if you don't want to.
A. haven't B. can't C. mustn't D. needn't
6. Do what you think is right ____ they say.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. if only
7. The size of the audience， we had expected was well over one thousand.
A. whom B. who C. as D. that
8. I recognized John____ he entered the room.
A. hardly B. the minute C. no sooner D. at once
9. Constant showers are characteristic____ the summer here.
A. for B. to C. of D. with
10. There is no____ in applying for that job as you are not properly qualified.
A. reason B. result C. point D. chance
11. A new Minister for Agriculture has been ____
A. determined B. appointed C. admitted D. assumed
12. In some parks visitors are requested to keep___ the grass.
A. aside B. away C. out D. off
13. I don't think you've heard of him before，____ ?
A. don't I B. do I C. have you D. haven't you
14. “How ____will you finish your homework? In half an hour. ”
A. soon B. long C. often D. fast
15. There are many kinds of metals，____.
A. each having its special properties B. having its special properties
C. one has its special properties D. each has its special properties
16. Our society has changed and____ in it.
A. so the people have B. the people have so
C. so have the people D. have the people so
17. We're late. I expect the film____ by the time we get to the cinema.
A. had already started B. have already started
C. will already have started D. have already been started
18. The man said he would hit me ____ I told him where the money was.
A. until B. unless C. soon after D. as
19. I took someone else's umbrella ____ mistake.
A. in B. for C. with D. by
20. We don't like it，but we have to____ up with it.
A. stand B. put C. take D. pick
21. He remembered ____ to the zoo by his father when he was little.
A. being taken B. taking C. have been taken D. to have taken
22. The team really looks good tonight Because the coach had them____ every night this week.
A. practice B. to practice C. practiced D. practicing
23. That's the reason ____ Ann could not do her part of the job.
A. that B. of C. because D. why
24. The snow fell____ fast that our footsteps were covered up in a few minutes.
A. so B. much C. little D. very
25. I always take it for granted that I am____ than she is.
A. very B. too C. far more D. far better
26. No sooner____ got to the station than it began to rain heavily.
A. had I B. have I C. I had D. I have
27. They overcame all the difficulties and fulfilled the plan ten days ahead of schedule， was something we had not expected.
A. that B. this C. it D. which
28. Plastics is a kind of____ which is widely used in industry.
A. mass B. substance C. matter D. material
29. The sudden change of weather made the temperature____ a lot.
A. fall B. sink C. drop D. lower
30. The food industry in our country is developing .
A. quickly B. fast C. swiftly D. rapidly