I. Phonetics( 5 points)
Directions : In each of the following groups of words, there are four underlined letters or letter combinations marked A, B, C and D. Compare the underlined parts and identify the one that is different from the others in pronunciation. Mark your answer by blackening the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Ⅱ. Vocabulary and Structure(15 points )
Directions : There are 15 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
6. I'd rather marry a man who had a(n) __________ of humour than one who was very attractive.
7. The real trouble __________their lack of confidence in their faculty.
A. lies in
B. results in
C. leads to
D. brings about
8. Well, let's put our heads together and find a(n)__________to the problem.
9. It' s bad policy for developing countries to sacrifice environmental protection to __________ economic growth.
10. He did it __________gratitude for everything she had done for him.
C. with regard to
D. out of