1.A.marketplace B.farm C.particularly D.charge
2.A.anger B.cacne C.hunter D.silence
3.A.somewhere B.troublesome C.position D.handsome
4.A.arrow B.sparrow C.fellow D.cow
5.A.examine B.expose C.exist D.exactly
6. You're always late. You __________ late three times this week.
A. are being B. were C. had been D. have been
7. --Are you supposed to take off our shoes before we enter?
--No, you __________ .
A. shouldn't B. needn't C. mustn't D. can't
8. Mother warned the boy __________ the guard dog once more.
A. not'to touch B. to not touch C. is going to be D. would be
9. There're so many kinds of CD players on sale that I can't make up my mind __________ to buy.
A. what B. which C. how D. where
10. __________ by the noise in the night,the girl did not dare to sleep in her room.
A. Frighten B. Frightening C. Frightened D. To frighten
11. China is larger than __________ country in Asia.
A. any B. anyone C. any other D. any other else
12. Linda suggested __________ anything about it until we found out more facts.
A. not to say B. not say C. not saying D. to say not
13. Bob was made __________ his father's car for two weeks as a punishment.
A. to wash B. wash C. washed D. washing
14. If it rains ,we won't go ,but the sky __________ perfectly clear at the moment.
A. is B. will be C. was D. had been
15. __________ as he is,he is not proud.
A. Success B. Successful C. Successfully D. Succeed
16. Mary is nearly thirty-three. Her parents think it's time she __________ married.
A. would get B. gets C. get D. got
17. --Do you think we are going to miss the train?
A. I don't suppose it. B. I expect not. C. I hope not. D. I don't believe it.
18. Well,we don't have any alcohol. So we just use petrol__________.
A. then B. in change C. instead of D. instead
19. --Mr. Smith looks sad today.
--He is sad. Yesterday a fire broke our in his house and his dog got__________.
A. burned B. to burn C. burning D. to be burnt
20. __________ we shall raise ducks or geese remains to be decided.
A. If B. Whether C. What D. That