1. Truck enjoys the great advantages in the transit time and frequency compared to other transportation means.
2. The railroad represents the biggest usage in the land transport in China.
3. There are three kinds of freight in transport: full-car load, Less-than-truck load and Container.
4. Water transport can carry the greatest amount of goods for the longest distance with the lowest cost.
5. Air transport has the distinct advantage in the terms of fast delivery and enjoy the lowest ratio of loss and damage.
6. The most economic feasible products transported by pipeline are crude oil, natural gas and refined petroleum one.
7. International transport is dominated by water carriers. It is used to transport more than 70% of the total trading volume in value and 95% by weight.
8. International transportation by trucks is limited between the joint border countries like US and Mexico or closely located WTO members like mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao.
9. Grouping small shipment into large ones is the primary method to lower cost per unit of weight in transportation.
10. Transportation decision is referred to the transportation models and carriers selected for delivery，vehicle routing, scheduling, and freight grouping.
11. Container logistics management is becoming a core strategy for large shipping company for its fast loading and unloading process, safe transportation and goods storage.
12. The primary factor to influence transport cost is distance and competition.
13. Containerization ensures quick transit between ships and other transport vehicles such as trucks and freight rail cars.