Step 1 Lead-in
Free talk: Ask students to talk with their partners about two questions and make a chart including each other’s sports and time:
Q1: What kind of sports do you like and why?
Q2: When did you start to…? Share some interesting stories during the process.
Step 2 Pre-listening
Discussion: Divide the whole class into several groups and discuss over the following questions:
Q1: What kind of ways of raising money can you see in your daily life?
Q2: Have you ever joined in some meaningful activities or done some things which were used to raise money? If any, share with us.
Q3: What do you think is the most effective way in raising money? Share some detailed information.
Step 3 While-listening
1. Ask students to listen to the passage for the first time and think about two questions:
Q1: What kind of article it is?
Q2: What does it mainly talk about?
2. Ask students to listen for the second time carefully and answer the following questions:
Q1: Why are students skating?
Q2: How much money can they raise for one hour’s skating?
Q3: How long have been Sam and Lu Ning skating?
Q4: How much money together has been raised by skaters mentioned in the passage?
3. Ask students to listen for the third time and see whether they have got the right answers or not. Pay attention to the intonation and rhythm of the news reporter and try to read with the tape.
Step 4 Post-listening
Task 1: Ask students to underline some new words and all the structures of the present perfect progressive tense and try to guess the meaning of the new words and figure out the rules of the present perfect progressive tense. Give them some help if necessary, for example, give out some examples. At last, summarize the rules of the present perfect progressive tense together.
Task 2: Do a competition: Show students some video clips about sports matches and ask them to act as news reporters to report the news. During report, try to use the present perfect progressive tense to express. Compete with the whole class and select the best reporter. The best one can be given some rewards.
Step 5 Summary and homework
Summary: Ask students to make a summary about what we have learned together to end up the class.
1. Use the information in the chart which is asked to make at the beginning of the class to make sentences with the present perfect progressive tense.
2. Think about what we can do in our daily life to make contribution to our charity and share with the class next time.
[浙江省温州市:IP:115.219.*.*] -伍月伍月牛老师，也是比较专业的，幽默是小幽默，听了课程错误率小很多，听课就是要从头到尾坚持听下去，希望今年第一次能好好考过 2018/9/13 10:44:57